Horror / Vampire Fiction
Briefly About the Author Edit
The fore-runner to contemporary Urban Fantsasy and Vampire Fiction. ❖ The author of the immensely popular Count Saint-Germain series, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro has established a distinguished reputation in several genres, including horror, science fiction, fantasy, mystery, young adult and western, as well as nonfiction.
In addition to her novels and full-length nonfiction works, she has published more than sixty short stories and more than two dozen essays. Her work ahs been translated into more than twenty languages and she has received the Fine Foundation Award for versatility and literary excellence. Ms. Yarbro lives in her hometown of Berkeley, California. ❖ ~ More: About C.Q. Yarbro, Author's site
|Series Title||Genre||Supernatural Elements|
|Saint-Germain series||Vampire fiction, Horror (27 books)||Vampires|
|Atta Olivia Clemens (3 books)||Vampires|
|Madelaine de Montalia (2 books)||Vampires|
To expand the table, right-press on a row of the table or (Control-press on a Mac)—choose add row.
- "And Bob's Your Uncle" in Full Moon City (2010)
More about the Author Edit
Chelsea Quinn Yarbro is one of only two women ever to be named as Grand Master of the World Horror Convention (2003). She is the recipient of the Fine Foundation Award for Literary Achievement (1993) and (along with Fred Saberhagen) was awarded the Knightly Order of the Brasov Citadel by the Transylvanian Society of Dracula in 1997. In 1995 Yarbro was the only novelist guest of the Romanian government for the First World Dracula Congress, sponsored by the Transylvanian Society of Dracula, the Romanian Bureau of Tourism and the Romanian Ministry of Culture. She has been nominated for the Edgar, World Fantasy, and Bram Stoker Awards and was the first female president of the Horror Writers Association. Her manuscripts are being archived at Bowling Green University. Yarbro is one of the first women to have made a successful and long career writing modern supernatural fiction. ❖ ~ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - FF
A professional writer for more than forty years, Yarbro has sold over eighty books, more than seventy works of short fiction, and more than three dozen essays, introductions, and reviews. She also composes serious music. Her first professional writing - in 1961-1962 - was as a playwright for a now long-defunct children's theater company. By the mid-60s she had switched to writing stories and hasn't stopped yet.
After leaving college in 1963 and until she became a full-time writer in 1970, she worked as a demographic cartographer, and still often drafts maps for her books, and occasionally for the books of other writers.
She has a large reference library with books on a wide range of subjects, everything from food and fashion to weapons and trade routes to religion and law. She is constantly adding to it as part of her on-going fascination with history and culture; she reads incessantly, searching for interesting people and places that might provide fodder for stories.
In 1997 the Transylvanian Society of Dracula bestowed a literary knighthood on Yarbro, and in 2003 the World Horror Association presented her with a Grand Master award. In 2006 the International Horror Guild enrolled her among their Living Legends, the first woman to be so honored; the Horror Writers Association gave her a Life Achievement Award in 2009.
A skeptical occultist for forty years, she has studied everything from alchemy to zoomancy, and in the late 1970s worked occasionally as a professional tarot card reader and palmist at the Magic Cellar in San Francisco.
She has two domestic accomplishments: she is a good cook and an experienced seamstress. The rest is catch-as-catch-can.
Divorced, she lives in the San Francisco Bay Area - with two cats: the irrepressible Butterscotch and Crumpet, the Gang of Two. When not busy writing, she enjoys the symphony or opera. ❖ ~ ◊◊ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ◊◊
Cover Artists Edit
To find artists: Saint-Germain - Series Bibliography
- Author Page: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | Authors | Macmillan
- Goodreads | Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Quotes (Author of Hotel Transylvania)
- Saint-Germain Series ~ Quotes each page
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Quotes - BrainyQuote
The vampire as a misunderstood romantic hero picked up steam in the later part of the 20th century, particularly in the United States. In 1978 Chelsea Quinn Yarbro began publishing her series of Count Saint-Germain books, the main character of which is a vampire of moral character whose bite is an erotic experience. In many tales vampires are characterized as promiscuous, their appetite for.. ~ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (American writer) -- Encyclopedia Britannica
External References Edit
- ◊◊Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - Official site◊◊
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Homepage
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - Wikipedia
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Author of Hotel Transylvania) ~ GR
- Saint-Germain series by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ~ Goodreads
- Saint-Germain - Series Bibliography ~ ISFdb
- ◊◊ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ~ Saint Germain ◊◊ ~ author site
- ◊◊ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ~ Books ◊◊
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ~ FF
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Author of Hotel Transylvania) ! GR
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - Summary Bibliography ~ ISFdb
- Qwillery: Historical Vampire Fiction - Chelsea Quinn Yarbro ~ Quillery
- Where to Start With the Epic Saint-Germain Vampire Cycle | Tor.com
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: Mansions of Darkness
- "The Michael Teachings" by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Saint-Germain and the Lives of Women by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | Dear Author
- Dark Scribe Magazine - Reviews - An Embarrassment of Riches / Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Magnificat by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Challenger 20 - The Challenger Tribute: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- MY BOOK, THE MOVIE: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Saint-Germain Chronicles
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro on Creating "Presence" | Book Country Blog
- A Visit with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Writers Read: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- ◊◊ Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - Interviews ◊◊
- Reading the Past: An interview with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, author of An Embarrassment of Riches - plus giveaway
- Interview: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | Innsmouth Free Press
- Interview with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: The Unknown Master - Part One | Interview | FEARNET
- ▶ Top of the Morning with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro - YouTube
- Constructing Horror.com: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Mysterious Galaxy Blog » Guest Post From Author Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Interview with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Author of the Saint-Germain Series | Blogcritics
- NIGHT BLOOMING by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | Kirkus
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro | RT Book Reviews
- Dreamworld Book Reviews: False Dawn by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Layers of Thought: Review: Night Pilgrims by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Black Gate » Blog Archive » Vintage Treasures: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro’s To the High Redoubt
Community, Blogs, etc: